The University of Texas at Tyler
Patriot Freshman Connection
The transition from high school to college is an exciting time for students. It can, however, also provide challenges. The environment is new, the expectations differ from high school, you may be leaving family/friends, etc. The New Student Programs office is here to assist you with the transition and help you to be successful during the first year.
One of the programs in place to help you is the Patriot Freshman Connection. The PFC is a mentoring program which provides a peer mentor to freshman students. Peer mentors are sophomores, juniors, or seniors who help new students find success during their first semester of college by sharing their knowledge about UT Tyler and the college experience.
Peer mentors are responsible for groups of 15-25 freshmen. Mentors and freshmen are matched by major and interests. This gives group members the opportunity not only to connect with a peer, but also with other incoming freshmen who share the same academic interests.
- Assist freshmen with their transition to UT Tyler.
- Provide freshmen with a supportive environment.
- Increase retention of freshmen by connecting them with resources and activities to help them succeed.
- Connect freshmen with peers who have successfully completed their freshman year.
- Connect freshmen with other incoming students who share similar academic interests.
|Freshman Casino Night UC 7:00pm|
|Brunch and Budgeting TBA 12:00PM|
|Classroom Tours TBA TBA|
|CAB GLOW UC 07:00PM|
|BBQ Bash TBA TBA|
|Fall classes begin Campus Wide 08:00AM|
|Swoopsation UC Patio 4:00pm|
|CAB comedy night Partiot Zone 07:00PM|
Frequently Asked Questions
Find out how to become a mentor and more.