Apply to the College of Pharmacy
Application Forms and Instructions
ON-SITE INTERVIEWS START IN JANUARY 2015
Our first on-site applicant interviews for the Ben & Maytee Fisch College of Pharmacy will be January 10, 2015. The deadline to apply for the program is March 2, 2015.
If you would like to be considered for the January 10th interview date, please make sure your application file is complete before November 10, 2014.
This will allow the Admissions Committee time to review applications and select candidates for interviews. Applications received after Nov 9th will still be considered, however applicants may be asked to attend an interview on a later date.
- The applicant will provide you with a Reference Release Form.
- Attached to that form will be the web page link for the Reference Letter Form.
- Submit the Reference Letter Form electronically to the College of Pharmacy.
- Reference letters must be received by March 2, 2015 before 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time.
- Admission Information: Review all information to ensure you meet the requirements to apply.
- Application Instructions: Review instructions outlined below and gather all materials needed.
- Admission Application: Complete electronically and submit by the deadline posted below.
Application Fee ($75): Mail a check or money order to The University of Texas at Tyler to the address listed below. Add Pharmacy Application Fee to the memo line. Do not send cash.
- Ben & Matyee Fisch College of Pharmacy (ATTN: Student Affairs)
- The University of Texas at Tyler
- 3900 University Blvd
- Tyler, TX 75799
- Reference Letters: Select three (3) individuals who know you academically and/or professionally to serve as a reference. Follow the instructions below on completing the reference release form (to be completed by the applicant) and the reference letter form (to be completed by each of your three references). Your application is not considered complete until the three letters have been received by the College of Pharmacy.
- Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT): Arrange for scores to be sent directly to the college using the PCAT Code 182 - University of Texas at Tyler.
- Official University/College Transcripts: Arrange for transcripts to be sent directly to the Ben & Maytee Fisch College of Pharmacy using mailing address below.
English Proficiency Test Scores: If applicable, send test scores to the College of Pharmacy using the specific instructions below:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Send directly to the College of Pharmacy by using TOEFL Code 6850 - The University of Texas at Tyler.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Send a copy of the scores provided to the College of Pharmacy using the mailing address below.
- English Proficiency Test Requirement (PTE): Send a copy of the scores provided to the College of Pharmacy using the mailing address below.
- Applications must be received by March 2, 2015 before 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- Letters of Reference must be received by March 2, 2015 before 11:59 pm EST.
Completing your Application:
- Applications need to be completed in one computer session without closing your browser. You will not be able to close your browser and then reopen the application file. The system will not allow you to save, exit, and then re-enter without being sent a special link by the Office of Student Affairs.
- To assist candidates with data entry, the application has been divided into two smaller components, Part 1 and Part 2. Both parts must be completed.
- Application Part 1 will request information about yourself, academic information, PCAT scores, work experiences, extracurricular activities, honors/scholarships/awards, publications, coursework taken, course grades, anticipated coursework, and contact information for your three (3) references. A personal statement regarding why you selected pharmacy as a career and your career goals will also be requested. The statement may be written in a word document and then transferred to the application form.
- Application Part 2 (Supplemental Application) will request information required by The University of Texas at Tyler as part of the admission process.. You will also be asked to provide information on your interest in the Ben & Maytee Fisch College of Pharmacy specifically and learning in groups.
- A PDF guidance document is provided that contains the application questions and general information on completing the forms. Applicants may use these forms to gather information, formulate responses, and then type responses into the electronic database. This is intended to help candidates complete their application data entry in one session.
- All applications need to be submitted electronically.
If you do close your browser and need to resume your application, please contact the Office of Student Affairs and a link to your individual application will be sent to you. This will allow you to resume your application in progress.
All applicants will need the following items to complete the application:
- Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) Identification number (CID) and scores.
- List of research and work experiences including start and end dates.
- List of professional licenses and/or certifications.
- List of extracurricular activities including start and end dates.
- Lists of honors, scholarships and awards including dates.
- List of publications and citation information.
- Unofficial or official transcripts for all colleges/university coursework (including dual credit).
- Names and contact information for three (3) references.
Some applicants will need the following items to complete the application:
- Students also participating in PharmCAS: your PharmCAS ID. Please note that the College of Pharmacy will not have access to your materials in PharmCAS, this is only being used as another form of identification for applicants.
- International Students: a copy of English Proficiency Scores, unless exempt.
- Students attending a foreign college/university: copies of non-US transcripts, their Foreign Transcript Evaluation Report (FTER), and copies of university/college diplomas and/or degrees (if applicable).
Requesting Letters of Reference:
- Select three (3) individuals who know you academically and/or professionally.
- Contact each reference to ask if they are willing to serve as a reference.
- Fill out the Reference Release Form.
- Email or provide the Reference Release Form to each of your references. At the bottom of the form is the link your reference writer will use to complete the Reference Letter Form. The link to the Reference Letter Form is also on the top of this web page and is the first "grey box" encountered (http://www.uttyler.edu/pharmacy/apply.php).
- It is the responsibility of the applicants to provide the reference writer the link to complete the Reference Letter Form.
Applicants and references are encouraged to contact the Office of Student Affairs with questions. We can be reached at PharmacyAdmissions@uttyler.edu or at 903.565.5920.