UT Tyler Strategic Planning
Office of the President
What is Strategic Planning?
Strategic planning is the process of developing a vision and plan for the future of UT Tyler. Since January 2017, following the arrival of the University's fourth president, Dr. Michael Tidwell, the University has been going through the process of creating a plan to take the university forward through the next five years.
- University leaders have been gathering input from the University community. More than
30 conversations were held around the campus with faculty, staff, students, and community
members. The conversations centered around the following 11 topics:
- Career and Placement Services for Students
- University Centers of Excellence
- Enhancing Community Partnerships
- Supporting Regional Economic Development
- Faculty and Staff Training and Development
- Marketing and Branding
- New Academic Programs
- Student Extracurricular Experience
- Student Qualifications and Recruitment
- University Mission
- The University Leadership Team will review all the input from the Strategic Planning meetings and develop a DRAFT of the plan.
- University faculty and staff will be polled through the summer months for additional input, as needed.
- The draft of the strategic plan will be presented to the University Community for further input.
- The UT Tyler Strategic Plan is presented to the UT System Board of Regents for approval. Following Board approval, the plan goes into affect.
- Plan implementation
Contact a member of the Strategic Planning Committee.