Outdoor Adventures Equipment Rental - Policies and Procedures
1. All rental equipment and resource materials are available to University of Texas at Tyler students and faculty/staff with current RecSports memberships. A valid UT Tyler ID is required.
2. Reservations may be made in person up to 7 days in advance at the Rental Center or online. The full rental fee must be paid upon making a reservation. Equipment not reserved is available on a first-come, first-served basis
3. Rentals are only issued on a per weekend basis:
Rentals must be picked up Thursday evening between 5 and 8pm in the rental center
Rentals must be returned Mondays between 3 and 5:30pm in the rental center. If you cannot meet during these times then you may arrange another meeting time by calling 903.565.5602 or emailing email@example.com
4. Cancellations made more than 5 business days in advance of the reservation date will be issued a full refund minus a $10 administrative fee, cancellations made within 3-5 business days will lose 50% of the total rental fee and cancellations made within 2 business days will result in the total loss of the rental fee.
5. Cancellations of contracts or items totaling $20 or less are not eligible for refunds of any kind.
6. No credit or refund will be issued for items rented but not picked up, unused equipment or for early return. Rain checks will not be issued.
7. Late fees will be assessed at .5 times the weekend rate for each business day the equipment is late past the agreed return date.
8. Equipment must be properly cleaned, dried and packed prior to its return. Users will be assessed a $20 cleaning fee for equipment that is returned dirty or wet.
9. Fees will be assessed at the current retail price for repair or replacement of damaged or lost equipment.
10. Individuals abusing equipment or not following procedures may be ineligible to rent equipment in the future.
11. If renting equipment for a group, please be aware that the individual renting the equipment is responsible for all equipment as indicated on the contract and any late, lost, repair or cleaning fees.