The Office of the Registrar
FERPA defines directory information as information contained in an education record of a student that would not generally be considered harmful or an invasion of privacy if disclosed. 34 CFR § 99.3.
At its discretion, the university may release directory information, which shall include:
- Name, address, and telephone number
- Major field of study at UT Tyler
- Dates of attendance**
- Most recent previous educational institution attended
- Degrees, certifications and awards received
- Date of graduation
- E-mail address
- Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
- Weight and height of members of athletic teams
- Enrollment status (e.g., undergraduate or graduate; full-time or part-time)
**Period of time during which a student attends or attended UT Tyler (Ex. fall 2009 through spring 2013).
Specific daily attendance records or class schedules are not directory information.