Office of the Registrar
Posting Procedure and Timeline
Final review of graduation requirements and the posting of degrees begins after final grades have been posted each term. In the case of Fall terms, this process is delayed until the university reopens following the holiday break. Degree postings typically take four to six weeks to complete.
Thirty Day Deadline For Completion Of Requirements
All degree requirements must be completed within thirty days of the official degree conferral date of each term. In the event a student does not complete all degree requirements by the thirty day deadline, they will be denied graduation and will be required to re-file for graduation in the next available term.
The thirty day deadline is as follows for upcoming semesters:
- Fall 2013: Monday, January 13th, 2014
- Spring 2014: Monday, June 9th, 2014
- Summer 2014: Monday, September 15th, 2014
All grades of "I" (Incompletes) must be completed and changed to letter grades or CR/NC before the thirty day deadline; failure to do so will result in denial of graduation. Students are responsible for working with their professors to resolve their “I”s and following up to ensure Grade Change Forms have been submitted.
Official transcripts for all credits taken outside UT Tyler that be submitted to Admissions before the thirty day deadline; failure to do so will result in denial of graduation. These transcripts must reflect:
- Courses completed previously but never submitted to UT Tyler
- Courses taken during a student's final term
- Completion of any Incompletes from other Colleges or Universities
- Any CLEP, AP or other credits earned from sources other than enrolled courses at other Colleges or Universities
Note: Copies of students' official transcripts are not sent to them automatically upon graduation. Any student wishing to have a final transcript sent out must make a formal request just as they would in any other situation.