Office of the Registrar
Audits may only be processed during the period from the first day of courses to the Census Date of each term.
A student may not audit a course offered on an individual instruction basis or a course requiring the use of laboratories, computers, or studios (this includes foreign language courses that require a laboratory). A student auditing a course may not receive credit for the course, nor be eligible for advanced standing examination. Participation in class activities is at the discretion of the instructor.
Note: Audit fees are non-refundable. Audited courses may not be dropped.
A student may audit courses by taking the following steps:
- New students must obtain an Audit Application from the Enrollment Services Center (ADM 230).
- Complete the Course Audit Request form available in the Enrollment Services Center (ADM 230).
- Obtain required signatures of the Instructor and either the Chair or Dean.
- To register, return the completed Course Audit Request form to the Enrollment Services Center (ADM 230).
- Make payment of a $50 audit fee at the Enrollment Services Center (ADM 230).
Students who are residents of the State of Texas and are 65 years of age or older are exempt from the $50 audit fee. (See the Enrollment Services Center (ADM230) to apply this exemption).