New Transfer Scholarship
New Transfer Scholarship 2018-19
Students who meet the criteria below will be considered for a Transfer Scholarship.
This scholarship is for students who have previously attended other colleges only!
New transfer students who are accepted for admission and confirm their intention to enroll prior to May 1 before the academic year begins will be considered for an academic scholarship. Funds are limited and are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Scholarship applications are not required. UT Tyler scholarship recipients are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each academic year.
New Transfer scholarships are renewable for one consecutive academic year following the initial award. No application is required for renewal. Transfer scholarships are not awarded to second bachelor, re-admit, high school dual credit or transient students.
Transfer Presidential Scholarship
First Year Award Amount: $1,000
Second Year Award Amount: $2,000
To qualify students must:
- Be accepted for admission by May 1 (fall and spring semesters).
- Enroll for a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester (fall and spring) at UT Tyler.
- Have a cumulative 3.25 GPA on all transfer course work.
- Be an incoming transfer student who has completed 30+ hours from a four-year institution or,
- Be an incoming transfer student who has completed 45+ hours from a community college.
Transfer scholarships are renewable for one academic year following the initial award. No application is required for renewal. To renew, scholarship students must:
- Complete 12 credit hours at UT Tyler for the semester(s) awarded.
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA at UT Tyler.