Student Learning Communities
The mission of Student Learning Communities is to increase retention by having students participate in academic and social activities that foster community learning. We also strive to get freshmen involved in their major departments by sponsoring volunteer activities and encouraging campus involvement in general.
Student Learning Communities:
- Organize students into small groups outside the classroom
- Encourage integration of the curriculum
- Help students establish academic and social support networks
- Provide a setting for community-based delivery of academic support programs
- Offer a critical lens for examining the first-year experience