Bachelor of Arts/ Science in Economics—Total Semester Credit Hours=120
- University Core Curriculum (42 hours).
- A minimum grade-point average of 2.0 in upper-division economics courses, including a 2.0 average in a minimum of 12 upper division hours of economics taken at this university. No grade below "C" in any economics course will be accepted for graduation.
- 12 hours of preparation comprised of:
- MATH 1314 or MATH 1324 (may be part of Core Curriculum)
- MATH 1342 and MATH 1325 (may be part of Core Curriculum)
- COSC 1307 or 3309
- A minimum of 30 hours in economics, of which 24 must be upper division, as follows:
- ECON 2301 and 2302
- ECON 3314 and 3317
- ECON 4320 (required of all majors and should be taken in senior year)
- Upper division economics chosen with advisor approval (15 hours of which six hours may include finance courses).
Total 30 Sem. Credit Hrs.
- A minor of 18 hours in a discipline or guided electives, 12 hours of which must be upper division, designed to support the economics major chosen in consultation with the student's advisor
- FOR THE BACHELOR OF ARTS DEGREE: at least four semesters of a single foreign language or a satisfactory grade on a written examination approved by the Department of Social Sciences