Dual Credit - PACE Program
Partners in Academic Concurrent Enrollment
Keep up the PACE with UT Tyler
Beginning in fall 2015, UT Tyler will begin offering dual credit core courses specifically to certified Project Lead the Way high schools in Texas. These courses will be taught using a co-teaching, blended model in which a UT Tyler faculty member will provide all course content and delivery via online modules and the high school instructor will determine method and schedule of delivery.
Highlights of the dual credit program:
- Video lectures from UT Tyler faculty, application exercises, assignments and assessment measures have all been developed for each course by UT Tyler's academic departments.
- A UT Tyler faculty member will be the instructor of record for each course.
- The high school instructor will be responsible for providing a structured environment for students to learn the material as well as supplement with their own knowledge and information.
- The UT Tyler faculty member will collaborate with the high school instructor throughout the semester to ensure that students are receiving the support and assistance they need to be successful.
Benefits of participating in dual enrollment at UT Tyler:
- Courses are developed and taught by UT Tyler faculty.
- Students have the benefit of watching lectures and performing class exercises at their own pace.
- Both the high school instructor and UT Tyler faculty will be available as a resource for students throughout the course.
- Videos can be close-captioned, transcribed and adapted to different learning style.
- Free technology and time management assessment at beginning of the course to determine possible areas for improvement.
- Early intervention efforts for students who may need academic assistance.
- 24 hour technical support.
- Access to a multitude of resources on campus and online, including academic advising, unlimited library use and more.