College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
UT Tyler Testing Center
Students can receive credit for what they already know by earning qualifying scores on any one or more of the 24 CLEP examinations accepted by The University of Texas at Tyler. See below for a list of acceptable examinations, scores and course credit.
To Take a CLEP Exam
- You must be a UT Tyler student to take a CLEP exam in the Testing Center.
- Pay your proctor fee to the cashier's office in ADM 230. (See schedule and fees.)
- Bring your receipt to the Testing Center in UC 3160.
- Complete a registration form. (Registration forms may also be found below.)
- Schedule to take your exam at least a week in advance of your test date.
- DUE TO LIMITED SEATING, YOU MUST REGISTER IN THE TESTING CENTER BY THE FRIDAY BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED TEST DATE to be put on the roster for the exam.
- No CLEP Tests are given during the university's posted finals weeks.
- On the day of the test, please bring two forms of photo ID and a credit card for the $80 CLEP fee.
- This is a computer-based exam.
- Scores will be provided to you by testing center employees immediately following your exam.
The CLEP practice tests website offers practice questions for most CLEP exams. Please be aware that only the subject exams listed above are accepted for credit at UT Tyler.
Visit the CLEP website for more information about CLEP.
Test preparation books for CLEP may be checked out in the Testing Center.