Miller Analogies Test - MAT
UT Tyler Testing Center
The MAT is a graduate school entrance exam. It is a high-level mental ability test requiring the solution of problems stated as analogies. It consists of 120 analogies to be completed in 60 minutes.
A Candidate Information Booklet is available in the Testing Center in UC 3160. It is the responsibility of the student applying for graduate school to check with the graduate department in which they wish to enroll to find out what tests are required by that department.
To register for the MAT
- Pay your proctor fee to the one stop shop on campus. (ADM 230)
- Bring your receipt to the Testing Center in UC 3160 no later than the Friday before the test.
- If you are retaking the written test, you must bring your "retest admission ticket" with you when you register for the test.
- Examinees with a disability must notify the staff six 6 weeks before the test date.
- Left-handed examinees should provide this information at the time they register for the MAT.
On the day of the test
- Examinees should check-in 10 minutes before test time.
- Examinees must present two forms of identification: driver's license is preferred in addition to a school photo ID with signature; or social security card or birth certificate.
- Retakers must have their "retest admission ticket" to be admitted to the test.
- Mechanical pencils will not be allowed in the testing room.
- Calculators, books, papers, reference materials, food or drinks will not be allowed in the Testing Center.
- No one is allowed to leave the testing room until the scheduled end of the test.
- This is a computer based-exam.
- Scores will be provided to you by testing center employees immediately following your exam.
The MAT Test is administered the first Thursday of every month.
Visit MAT Exam Practice Tests for practice questions.
Test preparation books for the MAT are available for checkout in the Testing Center in UC 3160.