Dual Credit - PACE Program
Partners in Academic Concurrent Enrollment
Keep up the PACE with UT Tyler
The PACE Program at UT Tyler allows students the opportunity to earn dual credit for core academic courses that will transfer to all public institutions in Texas as well as many out-of-state institutions. The PACE Program partners with high schools across the state by offering college courses in a variety of formats to meet the needs of administrators, teachers, and students.
The PACE Program at The University of Texas at Tyler can work with high school partners to offer dual credit courses in a variety of formats, including:
- High School Campus: A credentialed high school instructor teaches the course on the high school campus and serves as the Instructor of Record.
- High School Campus: A UT Tyler faculty member teaches the course on the high school campus and serves as the Instructor of Record.
- UT Tyler Campus: A UT Tyler faculty member serves as the Instructor of Record on UT Tyler’s campus and students are responsible for reporting to the location for class meetings.
- Online Dual Credit: Online hybrid dual credit course with UT Tyler faculty as the Instructor of Record and high school teacher as facilitator/coach to provide support and discipline for students in a classroom setting.
The PACE Program aims to provide quality university courses which fulfill Texas Core Curriculum Requirements. Courses are currently available for consideration in the following academic areas:
- Literature and Language
- Social/Behavioral Science
- Creative Arts
- Life and Physical Sciences
- Component Area Option Courses
In addition, the following courses are available for consideration as concurrent enrollment courses at Project Lead the Way certified high schools:
- ENGR 1201: Introduction to Engineering (co-requisite: Principals of Engineering)
- ENGR 1304: Engineering Graphics I (co-requisite: Introduction to Engineering Design)
Cost per Course
Students enrolled in the PACE program will pay a fraction of the cost that our native students pay for courses:
Credentialed High School Teacher as Instructor of Record: $50/semester credit hour
UT Tyler faculty as Instructor of Record: $99/semester credit hour