UT Tyler

Veterans Resource Center

UT Tyler Veterans Benefits

Please note that these outlines include basic information only. For more detailed information or for specific questions, contact your VA certifying official or visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website. You also can contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs by phone at 888.442.4551. The VA Call Center is now available Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. CST.

If you are attending more than one school, you must submit your Hazlewood documentation to each institution in order to receive the benefit.

If you are using TA and or Hazlewood, an enrollment certification request form is NOT necessary.

*Students receiving Chapters 30 and 1606 must verify their enrollment by Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or by Interactive Voice Response (IVR) at 877-823-2378.

For additional information regarding Veterans Affairs at UT Tyler, please visit our Veterans Resource Center webpage.

All Veteran and Dependent Scholarships - Apply Today!

  • The Only In America Scholarship is provided to benefit honorably discharged veterans of the Global War on Terrorism.
  • Scholarship applications will be available online and through the Veterans Resource Center.
  • Students must apply each academic year, with the following application deadlines: April 1 for fall and Nov. 1 for spring.
  • The award is up to $1,000 per semester for fall and spring semesters only. There are no summer awards.
  • The Only In America Scholarship requires full-time enrollment.
  • The scholarship may be used in conjunction with other UT Tyler academic and talent scholarships, but the total of all university scholarship awards may not exceed $3,000 annually.

VA Student Hold / Making Changes to Your Class Schedule

After you have submitted your Enrollment Certification Request Form and we have certified you, you will be put on a VA student hold. This means that you will not be able to make changes to your class schedule without speaking with your VA certifying official. The reason for the VA student hold is that you are certified for specific courses (only those courses explicitly listed in your degree plan).

If you need to make a change to your schedule (add, drop, etc.), we will have to make certain that your courses still fit within your degree plan. If changes are made to your schedule you must submit an updated Enrollment Certification Request Form. Also, as you drop and/or add classes, it is important to consider that such changes may affect the amount of money you are being paid each month.

Emergency Loan

VA students who have been approved to receive benefits are eligible for an emergency loan. This loan enables you to defer payment of your bill until later in the term. For specific information, contact your VA certifying official.

Student Services

Get connected with your Disability Support Services and Student Counseling Center.

UT Tyler