UT Tyler Web Communications
Assistance With OU Campus, Social Media, Web Guidelines and More
We are excited to announce the release of OU Campus Version 10.
Migration for the UT Tyler campus into Version 10 is scheduled for Monday, July 14. As a result, OU Campus will not be available on Monday to allow for the migration process.
In version 10, basic user functions such as editing using the WYSIWYG Editor, sending for review and publishing pages will continue to work as expected and all currently configured workflow and permissions will be retained.
Complete online training will be available immediately after migration here on the UT Tyler Web Support site. Hands-on training will also be scheduled for those who would like additional training.
For highlights of Version 10 for the UT Tyler campus, visit the What's New page.
NOTE: Please plan for the scheduled OU Campus downtime on Monday.
UT Tyler Web Team
UT Tyler Web communications is part of the Office of Marketing and Communications. The primary responsibility of Web communications is to develop and maintain the university's website, www.uttyler.edu.
- Maintains, either in part or in whole, several other top-level university websites.
- Manages and develops Office of Enrollment Services websites.
- Provides expertise with design and development of Web pages for UT Tyler schools, departments and administrative offices.
- Performs research and analysis through usability testing, site reviews, Web traffic analysis and link trafficking.
- Explores new and changing Web-related technologies.
- Ensures user-friendly site architecture by providing consistent, intuitive navigational flow through the UT Tyler website.
- Ensures accessibility compliance.
- Oversees and maintains Web-related policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Oversees the university’s social media presence and provides guidance and training for departments seeking to use social media.
- Markets and promotes the university through consistent branding, messaging and images on the UT Tyler website.
- Provides resources and training for university Web developers
UT Tyler OU Campus Web Training
Web publishers at The University of Texas at Tyler are responsible for the content of pages they publish and are expected to abide by the highest standards of quality and responsibility.
The left-side menu bar on all department sites is edited by the Web team. To request changes to your department menu bar, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Web News and Updates
OU Campus Version 10 - IMAGES
OU Campus v10 is not yet set up for image uploading/editing. Please continue to send image updates to the Web Team.
OU Campus Version 10
All-new online tutorials and support files are now available for OU Campus v10.
Web Publishing Guidelines
OU Campus Access
If you are new to OU Campus, your department contact (or department head, dean or director) can request for you to have access to a particular site. After completing OU campus training, the Web team will provide access to OU Campus using your INFO domain credentials. If you do not know who your department contact is, email email@example.com.
UT Tyler Web Team