OU Campus Training and Standards
UT Tyler Logos and Registered Word Marks
The official logos and the name of The University of Texas at Tyler are trademarked and each use must be approved to ensure compliance with UT System and university policies. They are referred to as the registered marks.
Contact the Office of Marketing and Communications for Web approval.
- The UT Tyler logo may only appear in orange or white.
- The official Pantone color for the orange is PMS 159.
- Do not use a tint or use a percentage of the PMS 159.
- Any other color is not allowed.
- The Patriot athletic logo may appear in three colors (PMS 159, PMS 281 and white) or white.
- No other colors are permissible.
Logos should not be altered in any way such as adding drop shadows, color changes, removing from or adding to the logo, etc.
The only sanctioned logotype is the official UT Tyler logo.
Departments, divisions, sections, units, offices, centers and services are represented only by their names in type. No other logo can be developed to distinguish a unit.
The correct use for the name of the institution in all printed and web materials is:
The University of Texas at Tyler (correct)
The University of Texas-Tyler (incorrect)
The University of Texas in Tyler (incorrect)
The University of Texas, Tyler (incorrect)
The letter t is always capitalized in the word The, not the University of Texas at Tyler.
The full name is used in first reference. Subsequent references may be abbreviated using:
UT Tyler (correct)
UT at Tyler (incorrect)