UT Tyler Web Publishing Standards
Web Addresses, Third Party Links and Commercial Sites
- All UT Tyler organization units must use a web address under the UT Tyler domain and must comply with the UT Tyler Web Policy and the mandatory requirements of these guidelines.
- Request for addresses and websites must formally be submitted for approval to the Office of Marketing and Communications.
- Web addresses must not be used or advertised prior to approval.
- Sites aimed at recruitment and marketing will be reserved at a university level, such as www.uttyler.edu/previewday and will not be available to an individual school or department.
- Consistency of naming and abbreviations will be adopted for UT Tyler web addresses. Other abbreviations, initials, short hand or full names may be acceptable.
- Unused, or apparently unused web addresses may be withdrawn or reallocated to another organization unit by Marketing and Communications Web Team before withdrawn or relocation.
Third Party Websites and Logo's
Third party websites links and logos are not permissible except on rare occasions such as research areas. Consideration will be given to third party websites and/or logos for research areas.
Links to Commercial Sites
Official university pages may not link to commercial sites that advertise/sell products or services, and may not accept sponsorship from commercial entities in exchange for advertising or links to commercial sites.
All links on official home pages are subject to review by Marketing and Communications or the appropriate school office.
Credits such as "Site powered by..." or "Site created by..." are prohibited.