UT Tyler Web Publishing Standards
Image, Graphics and Multimedia
Image and Graphic Guidelines
- Ensure images are sized exactly as it will be displayed on the page. NEVER upload an image larger than it should be displayed on the page. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use jpg (pictures), gif or png (graphics) formats.
- Optimize images for fast download times.
- UT Tyler images are available for request from the UT Tyler Web Team.
- Do not lift images or graphics or any part of the UT Tyler template from UT Tyler web pages or other areas of the web to be used on department sites other websites or elsewhere.
- Image maps should not be used.
- Contact the Web Team to set up your image rotator.
NOTE: Lifting images, graphics and logos from UT Tyler website or any site related to UT Tyler for use in print, files across the web, etc is prohibited.
- Video and audio clips are required to an accessibility alternative, and should facilitate easy searching.
- Youtube offers closed captioning option and is a good alternative.
- All Flash or similar multimedia must either have 'cosmetic' content or must have an accessible alternative
- Video, in most cases, should be housed on UT Tyler's YouTube account at http://www.youtube.com/go2uttyler