Accounting MAcc Degree
The University of Texas at Tyler
Business & Technology
3900 University Boulevard
Tyler, Texas 75799
The University of Texas at Tyler
Office of Graduate Admissions
Office: ADM 345
Degree: MAcc Accountancy
College: Business and Technology
Test Score Required: Satisfactory GMAT score
Letters of Recommendation: No
Resume/Curriculum Vitae: Yes
Admissions Essay: No
Deadlines: University deadlines apply
Career Outlook: According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, accountants and auditors are expected to experience job growth of 13% through 2022. For more, visit Occupational Outlook Handbook - Accountants and Auditors.Graduate Student
. . . . . . . .
Sharpen Your Competitive Edge With a Master's in Accounting
The master of accountancy degree program at The University of Texas at Tyler will broaden your knowledge, skills and opportunities in a profession that’s crucial to the success of organizations throughout the corporate world.
Professional accountants are in demand as new industries, more sophisticated technologies and new business opportunities emerge. With the MAcc degree from UT Tyler, you’ll qualify to take the Uniform Certified Public Accountant Examination – in addition to holding a master’s degree that’s typically a prerequisite for advanced positions in accounting.
- Earn your master’s by completing 30 credit hours, versus the 36 credit hours required by many traditional graduate programs. You’ll simultaneously qualify to sit for the CPA exam in Texas, which requires 30 credit hours of post-baccalaureate studies in accounting.
- In the UT Tyler MAcc program, you can choose your pace for navigating the degree requirements. We offer core and program courses that are flexible and available at night to fit your needs.
- The MAcc is a non-thesis program flexible enough to accommodate students with an undergraduate degree in any discipline.
Learn more from the Department of Accounting, Finance and Business Law
Master of Accountancy: Training for Professional Advancement
- Prepare for success: UT Tyler accounting graduates have maintained an excellent record for passing the CPA exam and are sought after by employers throughout the state and beyond.
- Get effective training for vast career opportunities in the public, corporate, not-for-profit and government sector.
MAcc Faculty: Respected. Innovative.
- Learn from a faculty of experts whose accolades include Outstanding Accounting Educator awards from the Texas Society of CPAs, the East Texas Society of CPAs and the Southwestern American Accounting Association.
- Delve into accounting theory and best practices with professors who have published in journals such as: the Journal of Business and Economic Perspectives; Oil, Gas and Energy Quarterly; Academy of Accounting and Financial Studies; Journal of Public Budgeting, Accounting and Financial Management; and Research in Governmental and Nonprofit Accounting.
Master of Accountancy Courses: Focused. Relevant.
Advanced Problems in Accounting – Delve into accounting theory and practice relating to complex consolidation issues and business combinations.
Business Legal Environment – Learn about the legal environment of business and legal reasoning, with emphasis on contracts, uniform commercial code, secured transactions, bankruptcy, wills and trusts.
Find Out More: