Clinical Psychology MS Degree
The University of Texas at Tyler
Department of Psychology
3900 University Boulevard
Tyler, Texas 75799
Tracks: General, Neuropsychology
College: Education and Psychology
Test Score Required: Satisfactory GRE Score
TOEFL (international applicants): iBT Score of 87
Letters of Recommendation: 3
Resume/Curriculum Vitae: No
Admissions Essay: Yes - Statement of Purpose and Department Information Form
Additional Departmental Documents:Yes
Deadlines: Please see department website.
Career Outlook: According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, clinical, counseling and school psychologists can expect career opportunities to grow by 11% through 2018. Industrial-organizational psychologists will experience a 26% growth in positions, while other psychologists can anticipate a 14% growth in opportunities.
Meet a University of Texas at Tyler graduate student.
Be Prepared to Assist people With Psychological Problems
A master’s degree in clinical psychology from The University of Texas at Tyler equips you to understand, evaluate and counsel persons in need of psychological help. It is excellent preparation for professional positions in psychiatric hospitals, mental health centers or in private practice.
- Choose between a general clinical psychology program or specialization in neuropsychology.
UT Tyler’s clinical psychology program prepares students to work in settings such as psychiatric hospitals and mental health centers or with doctorate-level psychologists in private practice.
Learn more from the Department of Psychology.
Master’s in Clinical Psychology. Field-Based. Community-Focused.
- Complete a degree plan that fulfills the educational requirements necessary for licensure as a psychological associate with the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists.
- Gain experience working with clients in various mental health and counseling settings in the community.
- Learn to administer psychological tests and use various techniques of counseling and psychotherapy, behavior therapy and biofeedback.
Clinical Psychology Faculty: Exceptional Educators. Experienced Researchers.
- Learn from professors who are frequent presenters at such professional psychological conferences such as The Women, Management and Leadership Conference; UT Tyler’s First Annual Psi Chi Research Conference; and the Annual Convention of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies.
- Study with professors whose teaching achievements have been recognized with such awards as Outstanding Faculty Award, UT Tyler; Chancellor’s Council Teaching Award, UT Tyler; Faculty of the Year, Forest Institute of Professional Psychology; and Society of Fellows, St. Martin’s University.
- Take courses from professors who have worked in the field in such positions licensed psychologist, licensed professional counselor, mental health clinician, and marriage and family therapist.
Learn more about UT Tyler psychology & counseling faculty.
Clinical Psychology Courses: Theory-Based. Hands-on.
Counseling Theories – Complete an overview of the current theoretical approaches to psychotherapy, including problems of assessment, therapeutic contracting and intervention strategies/techniques.
Advanced Psychological Statistics and Design – Explore aspects of complex experimental designs, statistical hypothesis testing, decision theory, multiple regression analysis, ANOVA, distribution-free techniques and factor analysis.
Assessment of Individual Mental Ability – Examine the historical background of selected individual scales of intellectual functioning. Special emphasis will be given to supervised practice in the administration, scoring, interpretation and psychological report writing of the WISC-IV and WAIS-IV.
More about UT Tyler’s clinical psychology master’s program of study.