Educational Leadership With Principal Certification - Online
The University of Texas at Tyler
Dept of Educational Leadership
3900 University Boulevard
Tyler, Texas 75799
Dr. Gary Miller
Degree: MEd in Educational Leadership - provisional and conditional admission are not available.
College: Education and Psychology
Test Score Required: Satisfactory GRE score (unless waived as a result of a GPA of 3.25 on the last 60 hours of coursework) using the formula found at Online Master of Education with Standard Principal Certification - For Texas Educators.
If the applicant's bachelor's degree is from a non-US institution, it must be evaluated by a service on this list. For non-citizens, a total ibt TOEFL score of 79 with a speaking subsection score of 26 or higher may be necessary for admission.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Texas Resident
- Teaching in Texas (Public, Private or Charter PK-12)
- Certified Teacher in Texas
Letters of Recommendation: 1 (Sent to Mentor as a Survey)
Resume/Curriculum Vitae: No
Admissions Essay: No
Career Outlook: The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics expects employment opportunities for principals to increase by 8% through 2018. This percentage represents an anticipated decrease in the number of children entering elementary and secondary school over the decade. Opportunities will increase as administrators are asked to assume more responsibilities in schools, including such duties as monitoring student achievement. For more info visit the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Meet a University of Texas at Tyler graduate student.
Gain Skills to Advance Your Career in Education
The University of Texas at Tyler master’s in educational leadership with principal certification equips you for a variety of administrative positions in public, charter and private schools.
- Complete the MEd with principal certification entirely online.
- Be prepared to take the TExES standard principal examination. UT Tyler pass rates consistently exceed state averages.
- Already have a Master’s degree? There is an option to get the principal certification only.
Learn more from the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy.
Principal Certification: Proven Practices. Interactive.
- Complete a program of four study blocks:
- Introduction to the field of educational leadership
- Best practices in curriculum and instruction
- Special populations and special functions
- Principal duties
- Develop a project at the beginning of the program that culminates in research conducted at your own school and your written report. No thesis is required.
- Keep journals about your projects throughout your program and receive feedback from your professors.
- Use Zoom, Skype, and other interactive technologies to communicate with your professors and other students.
Find Out More:
For Admission Information contact