Educational Administration With Principal Certification - Online
The University of Texas at Tyler
Dept of Educational Leadership
3900 University Boulevard
Tyler, Texas 75799
Dr. Wes Hickey
Degree: MED For Texas Educators Only
College:Education and Psychology
Test Score Required: Satisfactory GRE score using the formula found at Online Master of Education with Standard Principal Certification - For Texas Educators.
International Applicants: If the applicant's bachelor's degree is from a non-US institution, it must be evaluated by a service on this list. Also, a total ibt TOEFL score of 79 with a speaking subsection score of 26 or higher is necessary for admission.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Texas Resident
- Teaching in Texas (public, private or charter PK-12)
- Certified Teacher in Texas
Letters of Recommendation: 3
Resume/Curriculum Vitae: No
Admissions Essay: No
Career Outlook: The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics expects employment opportunities for principals to increase by 8% through 2018. This percentage represents an anticipated decrease in the number of children entering elementary and secondary school over the decade. Opportunities will increase as administrators are asked to assume more responsibilities in schools, including such duties as monitoring student achievement. For more info visit the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Meet a University of Texas at Tyler Graduate Student
Gain Skills to Advance Your Career in Education
The University of Texas at Tyler master’s in educational administration with principal certification equips you for a variety of administrative positions in public, charter and private schools.
- Complete the principal certification program entirely online.
- Be prepared to take the TExES standard principal examination. UT Tyler pass rates consistently exceed state averages.
- Earn the principal certification if you already hold a master’s degree.
Learn more from the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy
Principal Certification: Proven Practices. Interactive.
- Complete a program of 4 study blocks:
- Introduction to the field of educational administration
- Best practices in curriculum and instruction
- Special populations and special functions
- The principalship
- Develop a project at the beginning of the program that culminates in research conducted at your own school and your written report. No thesis is required.
- Keep journals about your projects throughout your program and receive feedback from your professors.
- Use IChat and other interactive technology to communicate with your professors and other students.
Principal Certification Courses: Theory-Based. Practical.
Educational Leadership Theory and Practice – Gain an overview of school administration, including economic, political and societal influences.
School Law – Undertake an overview of school law for educators and examine legal issues that impact the operation of public schools.
Find Out More: