Educational Leadership - Online
The University of Texas at Tyler
Dept of Educational Leadership
3900 University Boulevard
Tyler, Texas 75799
Dr. Gary Miller
Degree: MEd in Educational Leadership - provisional and conditional admission are not available.
College: Education and Psychology
Cost: Approximately $7,676 for Texas residents based on the 2019-2020 academic year
Scholarships/Financial Support: Yes
Test Score Required: Satisfactory GRE score (unless waived as a result of a GPA of 3.25 on the last 60 hours of coursework) using the formula found at Online Master of Education with Standard Principal Certification - For Texas Educators.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Certified Teacher in Texas (in any field)
- At least two years of teaching experience effective Fall 2020
- Successfully complete the admission screening instrument
Letters of Recommendation: A reference form, completed by a current school administrator assessing the applicant's administrative potential must be submitted to the School of Education.
Resume/Curriculum Vitae: No
Admissions Essay: No
NOTE: In accordance with Texas Administrative Code, all applicants must be fully admitted prior to taking any coursework in the area in which they are seeking certification. Therefore, no provisional admission is allowed.
Career Outlook: The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics expects employment opportunities for principals to increase by 8% through 2018. This percentage represents an anticipated decrease in the number of children entering elementary and secondary school over the decade. Opportunities will increase as administrators are asked to assume more responsibilities in schools, including such duties as monitoring student achievement. For more info visit the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Meet a University of Texas at Tyler graduate student.
Gain Skills to Advance Your Career in Education
The University of Texas at Tyler Master’s in Educational Administration with Principal Certification equips you for a variety of administrative positions in public, charter and private schools.
- Complete the MEd with principal certification entirely online.
- Be prepared to take the TExES standard principal examination. UT Tyler pass rates consistently exceed state averages.
Learn more from the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy.
Principal Certification: Proven Practices. Interactive.
- Complete a program of four study blocks:
- Introduction to the field of educational leadership
- Best practices in curriculum and instruction
- Special populations and special functions
- Principal duties
- Develop a project at the beginning of the program that culminates in research conducted at your own school and your written report. No thesis is required.
- Keep journals about your projects throughout your program and receive feedback from your professors.
- Use Zoom, Skype, and other interactive technologies to communicate with your professors and other students.
Find Out More:
For Admission Information contact