General Business BS Degree
Further Your Career in a Competitive Workforce
A bachelor of science degree in general business from The University of Texas at Tyler prepares you to excel and compete in today's job market. This flexible degree is available online, making it ideal for busy students, including returning students and working professionals.
- Acquire a solid foundation of essential business skills including accounting, finance, marketing and management.
- Tailor your degree to include classes that apply to your professional field.
- The program allows you to choose between face-to-face and online instruction.
Graduates of the UT Tyler general business degree program are well prepared to begin a new career, advance in an established career, or transition into a second occupation or small-business ownership.
General Business Bachelor's: Training for an Evolving Business World
- Gain a professional skill set and leadership training for an ever-changing job market.
- Keep up to 21 credit hours from an associate's degree or previous major, or take up to 21 hours of electives tailored to your professional field.
- Follow up your bachelor's degree with a master's in business administration or master's in human resource development.
Career Outlook for Business and Financial Professionals
Overall employment prospects for business and financial occupations are projected to increase 8 percent through 2024, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
For more information, visit Occupational Outlook Handbook - Business and Financial Occupations.
Marketable Skills for General Business Majors
To see business skills that are most sought after by employers in today's market, visit Marketable Skills for the College of Business & Technology.
Business Courses: In-Depth. Relevant.
Fundamentals of Management
Learn about management history and the functions of planning, organizing, leading and controlling. Examine the role of a manager in promoting change and providing effective leadership.
Accounting and Finance for Small Business and Entrepreneurs
Study basic topics related to financial and managerial accounting, including financial statements and analysis.
Gain an understanding of globalization mechanics and application of business strategy, operation and practices in a global perspective.