Wellness BA Degree With Optional Minor
Make an Impact as an Expert in Health and Wellness
The wellness bachelor’s degree at The University of Texas at Tyler will prepare you for career success in an area that’s expanding rapidly as organizations and individuals become more aware of the benefits of health and fitness programs.
You’ll acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to work in corporate wellness, health and wellness program management, health coaching, wellness journalism or other related professions, or to pursue graduate studies. A minor field can be selected to augment training and preparation in these or other specific areas.
- Gain broad exposure to health and wellness to prepare for a variety of career options including positions in clinical, public and business settings.
- The UT Tyler wellness BA degree is ideal for those with an interest in all aspects of health and wellness and a desire to educate others about the benefits of healthy lifestyles.
- Broaden your scope with a minor in entrepreneurship, management, marketing, psychology, Spanish, sports communication or speech communications.
Nearly all our graduates find work in their chosen career soon after graduation, or use their degree as a foundation for other programs to become physical education teachers, physicians, physical therapists, occupational therapists or health and wellness trainers.
Bachelor’s in Wellness: Engaging. Cutting-Edge.
- Learn in an engaging, interactive college environment, in outstanding facilities such as UT Tyler’s Louise Herrington Patriot Center featuring state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories, gym, indoor walking/jogging track, free weights areas and outdoor therapeutic pool.
- Enhance your learning through research projects with faculty experts on campus and internships with practitioners in the community.
Career Outlook for Wellness Majors
As Americans become ever more conscious of the need for lifelong physical fitness and personal wellness, the opportunities in the field of health and kinesiology will grow exponentially.
Marketable Skills for Wellness Majors
For information about health and kinesiology skills that are most sought after by employers in today's job market, visit Marketable Skills for the College of Nursing & Health Sciences.
Wellness Courses: In-Depth. Relative.
Explore health services and products from a consumer perspective. Critically analyze the credibility of claims made in the marketplace and by government. Consumer protection and rights, marketing science and special interest groups are among the topics examined.
Nutrition Through the Life-Cycle
Study basic nutrition and the role of nutrition in health across the life cycle.
Human Motor Control and Learning
Examine the processes involved in learning and teaching motor skills, and the theories of control and movement. Application is made to sports sciences, ergonomics and rehabilitation.