Industrial Technology - Surveying & Mapping BS Degree
Advance to a Bachelor’s Degree for Career Advantages
Students who complete a surveying and mapping associate’s degree at a community college can transfer to The University of Texas at Tyler to complete a bachelor of science degree in industrial technology.
- Enroll in an accredited land surveying program in Texas.
- Completing this degree program meets one of the Texas state requirements necessary before taking the exam to become a registered professional land surveyor (RPLS).
Graduates of the program are employed in such locations as:
- Surveying and Mapping, Inc.
- K.L. Kilgore & Company, Inc.
- Stanger Surveying LLC
- John Cowan & Associates, Inc.
- Topographic, Inc.
- Vannoy & Associates, Inc.
Bachelor’s in Industrial Technology - Surveying and Mapping: Career-Ready
- Gain the skills and knowledge to pursue a successful and specialized career in land surveying and mapping.
- Learn to apply scientific and mathematical theories and concepts to the practical challenges of surveying.
- Get experience with state-of-the-art equipment and computer applications, and be job-ready when you enter the field.
Career Outlook for Surveyors
Professionals in surveying and mapping make precise measurements to determine property boundaries. They provide data relevant to the shape and contour of the Earth’s surface for engineering, mapmaking and construction projects.
Marketable Skills for Industrial Tech Surveying and Mapping Majors
To see skills in surveying and mapping that are most sought after by employers in today's market, visit Marketable Skills for the College of Business & Technology.
Industrial Technology Surveying and Mapping Courses: Analytical. Hands-on.
Advanced Technologies for Surveyors
Learn about High Definition Surveying (HDS), which is becoming the industry standard for surveying projects and any additional new surveying topics.
Public Domain - Texas
Examine the disposition of public lands of the state of Texas, and investigate the basis of all land mineral development in the state.
Apply precise surveying technology in boundary location and surveying. Topics covered are: photogrammetry, GPS, GIS, remote sensing, coordinate systems and map projections.