Marketing BBA Degree
Channel Your Creativity into Advertising, PR or Marketing
For more information, check out the UT Tyler Department of Management and Marketing.
A bachelor of business administration degree in marketing from The University of Texas at Tyler is excellent preparation for a career in retail management, marketing, promotions or sales. Entrepreneurs and managers in advertising agencies often begin their careers after completing a marketing degree program.
- Gain practical experience with a point-of-sale register system in the Brookshire Grocery Company Retail Lab right here on campus.
- Acquire strategic insights useful in the practical segmentation of markets and the effective manipulation of the marketing mix.
Graduates of the UT Tyler marketing program are employed in locations such as: Cavender's, Austin Bank, Target, Brookshire Grocery Co., Tyler Economic Development Council, UT Tyler and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler.
Bachelor’s in Marketing: Research-Based. Best Practices.
- Gain a practical understanding of the marketing planning process and get experience developing a complete marketing plan.
- Use the latest classroom technology to create marketing presentations and practice effective ways to inform and persuade future clients.
- Discover the factors that influence consumer behavior in America and learn to apply trends and data to create more effective marketing strategies.
- Understand quantitative and qualitative research techniques and how to put these methods to work to more fully understand a market and more accurately target consumers.
Find out more about the Marketing BBA degree
Marketing Faculty: Serious Scholars. Expert Teachers.
- Study with professors who use their research to enhance classroom learning and the student experience. Faculty research has focused on such topics as: Don’t Mess With the Apple Gang; What is Old is New Again: The Role of Discontinuity in Nostalgia-related Consumption; and Chocolate Pi: Does It Add Up?
- Gain practical advice and individual mentoring from professors who are dedicated to helping you achieve your career goals.
- Learn from professors who are renowned marketing experts and published authors on such topics as: Organizational Culture; Formal Reward Structure and Effective Strategy Implementation: A Conceptual Model, Understanding Unethical Retail Disposition and Restraint from the Consumer’s Perspective; and Consumers in the Global Snack Food Industry: Country of Origin Perceptions.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job prospects for professionals in advertising, marketing, public relations, sales management and promotions is expected to increase by 12% through 2022. This growth is partially the result of the rise of new media and the waning of established advertising formats such as newspapers, radio and network television.
Companies are looking to marketers to develop new strategies for effective use of the changing media landscape. For more, visit
Occupational Outlook Handbook - Advertising, Promotions and Marketing Managers
Learn more about the UT Tyler Management and Marketing faculty
Marketing Courses: Understand Consumers. Be Global Ready
Consumer Behavior – Analyze psychological, sociological and cultural aspects of human behavior affecting consumer actions in the marketplace. Consumer purchase decision processes are also analyzed.
Marketing Research – Explore informational input required for decision-making, plus the use of scientific method, research design and sampling relative to the research process for the solution of marketing problems.
Retailing in the 21st Century – Examine the fundamental operations of retail institutions. Consideration is given to store location, merchandising, sales promotion, inventory control and store organization.
International Marketing – Focus on marketing strategy and management within the context of global and international markets. The course evaluates cultural differences and aims to enhance your skills in developing and implementing marketing strategies and decision making in international contexts.
More about UT Tyler’s marketing BBA program of study