Marketing BBA Degree
Channel Your Creativity into Advertising, PR or Marketing
A bachelor of business administration degree in marketing from The University of Texas at Tyler is excellent preparation for a career in retail management, marketing, promotions or sales. Entrepreneurs and managers in advertising agencies often begin their careers after completing a marketing degree program.
- Acquire strategic insights useful in the practical segmentation of markets and the effective manipulation of the marketing mix.
Graduates of the UT Tyler marketing program are employed in locations such as: Cavender's, Austin Bank, Target, Brookshire Grocery Co., Tyler Economic Development Council, UT Tyler and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler.
Bachelor’s in Marketing: Research-Based. Best Practices.
- Gain a practical understanding of the marketing planning process and get experience developing a complete marketing plan.
- Use the latest classroom technology to create marketing presentations and practice effective ways to inform and persuade future clients.
- Discover the factors that influence consumer behavior in America and learn to apply trends and data to create more effective marketing strategies.
- Understand quantitative and qualitative research techniques and how to put these methods to work to more fully understand a market and more accurately target consumers.
Career Outlook for Marketers
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job prospects for professionals in advertising, marketing, public relations, sales management and promotions are expected to increase by 9% through 2024.
Marketable Skills for Marketing Majors
To see marketing skills that are most sought after by employers in today's market, visit Marketable Skills for the College of Business & Technology.
Marketing Courses: Understand Consumers. Be Global Ready
Analyze psychological, sociological and cultural aspects of human behavior affecting consumer actions in the marketplace.
Explore informational input required for decision-making, plus the use of scientific method, research design and sampling relative to the research process for the solution of marketing problems.
Focus on marketing strategy and management within the context of global and international markets.