Accelerated Nursing BSN Degree
Be Prepared to Enter the Nursing Field in Just 16 Months
Get a fast start on your career in nursing through The University of Texas at Tyler's accelerated track. This 16-month full-time, fast-track program is offered at the Tyler and Longview campuses.
- 93% of UT Tyler graduates pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) on their first try.
- Upon graduation, 98% of our accelerated nursing program graduates immediately start a nursing job or go on to graduate education. Our graduates are employed at:
- East Texas Medical Center
- Trinity Mother Frances Hospital System
- Good Shepherd Medical Center
- Longview Regional Medical Center
- Baylor University Medical Center
The Accelerated BSN Track for students is currently being revised, and applications for future semesters are on hold for now. Students with a prior bachelor's degree may apply to the Traditional BSN Track for Transfer Applicants.
UT Tyler Accelerated BSN: Focused. Fast Track.
- Work side by side with nurse preceptors in various clinical settings for a full 224 hours of clinical experience each semester.
- Complete a rigorous program of live, interactive video presentations, extensive clinical experiences and online courses to prepare for the demands of professional nursing.
- Master critical nursing techniques using state-of-the-art simulations.
- Network with nursing students through American Nurses Association, National Student Nurse Association and Nursing Christian Fellowship groups.
- Be prepared to assume registered nurse responsibilities in any area of health care and to continue the study of nursing at the master’s and doctoral levels.
Learn more about the Accelerated Nursing BSN degree.
Career Outlook for Nursing
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of registered nurses is projected to grow 16 percent through 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations.
For more, visit Occupational Outlook Handbook - Registered Nurses.
Marketable Skills for Nursing Majors
For information about nursing skills that are most sought after by employers in today's job market, visit Marketable Skills for the College of Nursing & Health Sciences.
Nursing Courses: Comprehensive Preparation.
Pathophysiology of Acute Care
Study the etiology, pathophysiology and clinical presentations of selected human diseases across the life span.
Medical/Surgical Nursing I
Learn about the holistic nursing care of adults experiencing acute or chronic illness in selected structured settings.
Get an introduction to the nursing process, basic nursing skills supported by evidence-based standards, nursing principles and technology to provide safe care for adults.