Art BFA Degree
Enhance Your Creativity as a Practicing Artist or Art Teacher
Complete The University of Texas at Tyler’s bachelor of fine arts degree in art and you'll be well prepared for a career as a professional artist. You'll also have the option to earn K-12 teacher certification in art to teach in a public or private school.
- Take a concentrated curriculum focused on your interests in studio art or art history.
- Study in UT Tyler’s 30,000-square-foot art facilities including modern, spacious studio space, open 24 hours to students.
- Get the one-on-one faculty attention you’d expect to find only at a small private university or professional art school.
- Be part of exciting events right on campus, such as the UT Tyler Sculpture Conference, bringing together visiting sculptors with students, local architects and designers.
UT Tyler BFA graduates are employed by such distinguished institutions as:
Tyler Junior College, instructor
Brookshire Grocery Co., display coordinator
Corpus Christi Art Center, executive director
Chapel Hill High School, art instructor
Tarrant County Community College, art instructor
Bachelor of Fine Arts: Shaping Talent. Building Skills.
- Concentrate your study in two-dimensional art (painting, collage or drawing), three-dimensional art (sculpture, ceramics or small metals), multimedia art, art history or general studio art.
- Exhibit your artwork on campus in the Meadows Gallery as part of your senior capstone experience.
- Gain valuable experience in the art world through internships at local museums or galleries.
- Network with other art students and artists as a member of the UT Tyler Art Club.
Art Courses: Creative Expression. Proven Techniques.
Survey issues and concepts in contemporary ceramic art. Gain an introduction to the techniques of throwing, hand building and extruding of clay shapes that are used by contemporary ceramicists.
Collage Theory and Practice
Study collage theory and practice through the use of mixed media. Understand the various supports, adhesives and presentation methods used in collage. Explore the use of created, found and simulated materials.
In this advanced genre-based painting course, focus on objective study of the landscape. Each class period will meet on site at locations around the East Texas area.More about UT Tyler's BFA program of study
For more information, visit the UT Tyler Department of Art and Art History.