Dual Credit Financial Aid Information

Financial Aid FAQ's

Frequently Asked Questions:

  • Is there financial aid available for dual credit students?
    • No, Federal financial aid is not available for dual credit students. Federal financial aid is only awarded after high school graduation, successful completion of a high school equivalency program, or qualification through an approved Ability to Benefit program. There are state tuition exemptions available for students attending an Early College High School.
  • Will a dual credit student’s grade(s) or withdrawal from a dual credit class have an impact on his/her ability to obtain financial aid in the future?
    • A student’s grades and/or withdrawals could impact their future eligibility for financial aid. To be eligible for financial aid after high school, a student must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards while taking dual credit courses.
  • Is there a time limit for receiving financial aid?
    • There are yearly and lifetime limits to receiving financial aid. Most of these limits are based on a Bachelor’s Degree Program and are cumulative based on all previous schools attended and financial aid received. The number of college credit hours and the number of years to earn a degree are considered in these limitations. It is important to understand financial aid opportunities and their limitations as decisions are made. Financial aid is not available for dual credit courses, however, dual credit courses count toward a student’s lifetime allotment of federal financial aid.