Step 3: Find Convenience, Comfort and Connections on Campus
Choosing to live on campus at The University of Texas at Tyler will make your college experience even more well-rounded, convenient and fun.
Choose from four housing options: Ornelas Hall, Patriot Village Apartments, University Pines Apartments, Victory Village and Liberty Landing Apartments. Each residence offers distinct advantages, but all include on-site laundry facilities and security features such as staff on duty seven days a week.
Because each residence is located right on campus, you will be just steps from your classes, the library, sports events and the student center. Go online to check out each residence option to determine which offers the features most important to you. Questions? Email email@example.com or phone 903.566.7008.
- More than 1,400 UT Tyler students live on campus in our residences.
- All on-campus living options are modern and well-maintained by the university’s facilities management staff.
- Campus dining features seven options including snack bar, local favorites and popular national chains. There’s something for every taste.
Students who have completed fewer than 60 credit hours at any junior college or university, including UT Tyler, are required to live on campus if facilities are available. AP credit or credit-by-exam tests do not count toward this total.
Students who are required to live on campus may reside in University Pines, Patriot Village, Ornelas Hall or Eagle's Landing. These are the only facilities that satisfy the residency requirement. Exceptions may be made for students who meet the approved waiver requirement(s). A waiver request form may be obtained from the Department of Residence Life.
A waiver will be granted for the following reasons:
- Students who currently live within 50 miles of Tyler with a parent or legal guardian (as evidenced by a current tax return).
- Students who are married.
- Students who are 21 or over, or will be before the 12th class day.
- Students with a medical disability that cannot be accommodated on campus.
- Students with custody of a child and who can provide the housing department with an original birth certificate of the child or custody documentation.
- Students who are enrolled for eight or fewer semester credit hours during the fall and/or spring semesters.
Students who meet one of the exemptions listed above and who wish to live off campus must submit in writing to Residence Life a request for a waiver to the policy. Residence Life must approve the waiver, even if it is a waiver for which the student automatically qualifies.
- Ornelas Hall
- Patriot Village Apartments
- University Pines Apartments
- Victory Village
- Liberty Landing
- Dining Services
- UT Tyler Housing & Dining Website