Office of Career Services
National Student Employee Week
Each year, the National Student Employment Association (NSEA) declares a week in April to be National Student Employment Week. While student employment offers students career enhancing opportunities, they in turn make substantial contributions to the operation of the university.
Career Services encourages departmental supervisors, their departments, and colleges or divisions to celebrate student employee contributions during National Student Employment Week.
Ideas for Celebrations
- Host a potluck breakfast or lunch in their honor.
- Take them to lunch.
- Buy them a helium balloon.
- Purchase movie tickets.
- Give flowers or candy.
- Write a thank-you note for a job well done.
- Design and present your student employees certificates of appreciation.
- Make a poster or banner to hang with all department staff signatures.
- Have your staff wear special badges that say "Student Workers are Great" or "We Appreciate our Student Staff."
- Purchase a gift certificate from the Barnes and Noble at UT Tyler, Dining Dollars for the MET, Blends and Brews, Subway or Chick Fil A.