Office of Career Services
Patriots at Work - Student Employee Orientation
Students will be given an overview of the university and learn about:
- Questions to ask their supervisor on the first day of employment.
- Customer service & workplace etiquette.
- UT Tyler employment policies and procedures.
- Workplace safety and crisis management.
- Information security.
- New hire paperwork to complete and return
- All new student employees for fall.
- Any student employee who did not attend in the spring or summer.
To attend, student must:
- Register for Patriots at Work Workshop through their PatriotJobs account
- Log into your PatriotJobs account.
- Go to the "Career Fairs, Workshops, Info Tables & Events" tab.
- Go to the "Workshops" tab.
- Click the "RSVP" button next to the session you will attend.
What to bring:
- A copy of your HRMS appointment that has been approved by the budget authority. The supervisor or department administrative assistant can print this out for the student.
- One of the following choices:
- Your passport OR
- Your state issued ID or driver’s license AND social security card (Readable copies will be accepted.)
- Your state issued ID or driver’s license AND birth certificate (Readable copies will be accepted.)
To have your paycheck direct deposited, bring:
A voided check OR
An official letter from your bank on the bank's letterhead with the routing number and bank account.
If you have already received a paycheck from UT Tyler, you do not need to bring the above documents.
Please contact our office with questions and dates and times of sessions. New Student Employees Orientation session dates can also be found on the Patriot Jobs calendar.