UT Tyler Department of Accounting, Finance & Business Law
Bachelors Degree in Accounting (BBA)
- Educational outcomes for students who complete the accounting major include the following:
- Complete the accounting courses necessary to sit for the CPA exam.
- Comprehend the policy, environmental, regulatory and compliance issues of accounting.
- Understand and exercise the ethical and professional responsibilities of an accountant.
- Understand the content, concepts, structure and use of internal and external reporting for organizations.
- Analyze, anticipate and meet the information needs of decision makers.
- Understand different costing systems and their application to both manufacturing and service organizations.
- Comprehend and develop systems to identify, gather, measure, summarize and analyze financial and nonfinancial data in organizations.
- Understand and apply the concepts, methods and processes of accounting and administrative control.
- Understand the nature of attest services.
- Understand and apply the principles of taxation to financial and managerial decisions.