UT Tyler Department of Management & Marketing
Management BBA Degree
Students completing the management major should be able to:
- Understand the complexity of managing human dynamics in the organizational setting.
- Recognize major managerial challenges such as the globalization of business, managing a cultural and ethnically diverse workplace, increasing interdependence among organizational units, intensifying competitive dynamics, and the escalating ethical responsibilities of managers.
- Understand the organizational and environmental context in which human resource managers function.
- Understand the organizational, labor, and legal environments in which managers function.
- Incorporate quantitative decision making into solutions of business problems.
- Understand factors that influence individual, group, and corporate behavior and use this knowledge to improve individual and firm performance.
- Develop managerial skills in activities such as: teamwork, motivation, decision making, negotiation, conflict resolution, leadership and strategic management.
- Understand how strategic decisions are influenced by and also help to create competitive dynamics within and between industries.
- Recognize and access the impact of environmental factors in decision making, as well as develop conceptual skills.
- Improve both written and oral communication skills.
- Develop competency in the use of enterprise-wide and discipline specific applications to solve business problems and assist in strategic decision making.