Campus Computing Services
What is Secure*Air?
Secure*Air is the wireless network at The University of Texas at Tyler. The wireless network uses 802.1b/g/n to allow the members of the UT Tyler community to connect to the UT Tyler network using wireless devices. Secure*Air is available in various buildings around the UT Tyler campus.
Where is Secure*Air available on the UT Tyler campus?
- Business Building (BUS)
- Hudnall-Pirtle-Roosth Building (HPR)
- Biology Education and Psychology Building (BEP)
- Ratliff Building South (RBS)
- Ratliff Building North (RBN)
- Robert R. Muntz Library (LIB)
- Physical and Health Education Building (PHE)
- University Center (UC)
- Braithwaite Building-Nursing (BRB)
- Administration Building (ADM)
- Longview Campus (LUC)
How do I connect to Secure*Air?
Who may connect to Secure*Air?
Secure*Air is for the exclusive use of The University of Texas at Tyler member community. This community is composed of students, faculty, staff and official guests of the university.
How do I log in to Secure*Air?
Secure*Air uses your Patriot Account credentials, the same as Patriots*Email, Blackboard and all computer labs on campus.
Will Secure*Air work on my computer?
Secure*Air will work on any computer (Mac or PC) equipped with at least an 802.11b "WiFi" Card. To access the secure network you must have a wireless card capable of at least 802.11b/g. Computers equipped with 802.11a/b/g/n cards are supported as well.
What if I have questions, comments or suggestions?
Please contact Campus Computing Services if you have any questions, comments or suggestions.
UT Tyler Policy Acknowledgement:
- Unauthorized use is prohibited.
- Usage may be subject to security testing and monitoring.
- Misuse is subject to criminal prosecution.
- No expectation of privacy except as otherwise provided by applicable privacy laws.
Please don't hesitate to email us or come by BUS 101 to see us if you have any problems or questions.
Do NOT send your password.
Do NOT send your Social Security Number.
Be sure to include your full name, student ID and birth date when requesting assistance. If you have an alternate email address please send your email from that account.