Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
The University of Texas at Tyler Civil Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
The educational objectives of the Civil Engineering program at The University of Texas at Tyler are to produce:
- Graduates demonstrate the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to become engineering leaders and assume responsibility for multidisciplinary engineering design; project construction and asset management; and ethical decision-making in professional practice;
- Graduates continue to grow intellectually and professionally through participation in professional society activities, continuing engineering education, graduate studies, and/or self study during their professional career;
- Graduates demonstrate effective oral, written and graphical communication skills to meet increasing professional demands; and
- Graduates become licensed professional engineers.
Civil engineering students at the time of graduation should be able to
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics;
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors;
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences;
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts;
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives;
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions; and
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Student Enrollment and Graduation Data
The enrollment history and degrees awarded for the last five years are linked below: