UT Tyler Department of Communication
College of Arts and Sciences
The ability to communicate effectively is essential to success, whether you are seeking a career in mass media, law, business, government, education, social services, the arts or the ministry.
The University of Texas at Tyler Department of Communication offers bachelor's degrees in mass communication and speech communication and a master of arts degree in communication, each tailored to your specific interests and abilities.
- The UT Tyler bachelor of arts/bachelor of science degree program in mass communication will prepare you for a career in multimedia news reporting and editing, public relations, integrated marketing or other form of specialized communication, or to pursue graduate studies.
- Students in UT Tyler's speech communication BA/BS degree program develop communication skills well-suited to the professional workplace or the pursuit of graduate studies.
- The UT Tyler MA degree in communication focuses on instruction in two areas – journalism and speech communication.
As a student in the UT Tyler Department of Communication you will receive individualized instruction from professors who are respected leaders in mass and speech communication.
You also will have opportunities to broaden your college experiences through internships and participation in professional organizations and award-winning student programs including the UT Tyler debate team, Patriot Talon media outlet and Pine Curtain Magazine.
Kevin Dilley, TIPA Adviser of the Year!
- This award was given to Kevin Dilley at the recent Texas Intercollegiate Press Association convention that was held in San Antonio, Texas. This award established in 1973 was instituted to recognize advisers who go above and beyond in the area of teaching and advising. Congratulations Kevin.
- In addition to this award the Patriot Talon has been credited with over 30 additional awards!
Congratulations to all!
- For more information
The Momentum Continues
- The Debate Team of the University of Texas at Tyler left their mark nationally in the art of parliamentary debate at the 2015 National Parliamentary Tournament of Excellence, hosted by William Jewell College in Liberty, Mo.
- From a field of more than 250 collegiate debate teams, sophomores Samuel Cook of Flint and Steven Hullum of Tyler placed second in the nation.
- For more information
London, England trip approved for May 16 - 22, 2016
- Update: May 29, 2015
- Brochure and Poster
- Sign up early! Once you sign up please go to OIP or the Office of International Programs for more information to insure you are adequately prepared.
- EF College Study Tour link
- Sports Communication
- Graphic Communication
Summer 2015 Courses
MCOM 2306 - Media Design & Production
MCOM 2307 - Mass Media & Society
MCOM 2311 - Writing for Mass Media
MCOM 3301 - Feature Writing
SPCM 1315 - Fundamentals of Speech Communication
SPCM 3322 - Small Group Communication
SPCM 4360 - Topics in Communication
Administrative Assistant: Teran Jeffery
|Summer II 2015 – Remaining Loan Fund Monies to be Refunded |
|Summer II 2015 – Financial Aid Confirmation Date |
|Summer II 2015 – Remaining Grant and Scholarship Monies to be Refunded |
|Second Annual Welcome Back OIP 3620 Varsity Drive 6:00 p.m.|
|Cohort Four - Fall Intensive Week Staybridge Hotel & Suites |
|Cohort Four -- Capstone Project Defense Staybridge Hotel & Suites |
|EHCA Cohort Four Graduation & Award Ceremony Staybridge Hotel & Suites |