UT Tyler Compliance Office
UT Tyler Ethics Hotline
The purpose of the Ethics Hotline is to provide a confidential mechanism for employees or students to report instances of suspected non-compliance such as fraud, theft, academic fraud or dishonesty, or other unethical behavior in the workplace or classroom and to report issues of questionable accounting, internal accounting controls or auditing matters. The Ethics Hotline can be utilized by either telephone, web-based reporting, US Mail, or in-person to an Ethics Hotline Triage Team Member. When using these methods, be specific and provide details regarding the issue in question.
Employees may use the Ethics Hotline when they are not satisfied with their supervisors’ response to a compliance issue, or if they fear retaliation by their supervisors. Only compliance related issues will be investigated, all other complaints should be handled through normal administrative channels.
The Ethics Hotline is not intended for (i) handling employee grievances, such as complaints
concerning working conditions, performance evaluations, hours of work, wages or merit
raises; or (ii) student academic grievances or complaints which do not involve suspected
fraud or dishonesty (these types of complaints will be addressed under the university's
student and academic policies).
1. Ethics Hotline telephone number: 1.877.507.7318
- Process. The Ethics Hotline is answered by a contracted company. The information is taken
from the caller and a report is sent to three designated university employees within
one business day.
- Confidentiality. Employees or students who call the Ethics Hotline may remain anonymous. If the caller
requests anonymity, no attempt shall be made to identify the caller. Information provided
by the caller shall be treated as confidential and privileged to the extent permitted
by applicable law.
- Non-retaliation. Employees or students who call the hotline shall not be retaliated against. However,
intentional misuse of the hotline to make false or malicious allegations will not
be tolerated and may subject the caller to disciplinary actions.
- More information regarding protection from retaliation for reporting suspected wrongdoing
2. The Ethics Hotline P.O. Box address
The Compliance/Ethics Hotline Box at UT Tyler
P.O. Box 131292
Tyler, TX 75713-1292
3. Make an anonymous report online to: Web Reporting System
4. The Ethics Hotline Triage Members:
- Erika Sampson, Compliance Officer, USC 155, 903.565.5688
- Amy Clem, Director for Human Resources, ADM 107, 903.566.7480
- Blake Bumbard, Title IX Coordinator, ADM 339, 903.565.5760
5. Suspected fraud, waste or abuse may also be reported to the State Auditor's Office Hotline at 1-800-TX-AUDIT (1.800.892.8348). The State Auditor's Office provides additional information on their website.