Office of Compliance
General Compliance Training
As required by the University of Texas System Rules and Regulations, UT Tyler policies and procedures, as well as, applicable federal and state laws, all employees are required to complete the Employee Compliance Training in Canvas every 2 years. New employees are required to complete this course within 30 days of their hire date.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Appropriate use of Information Resources
- Overtime Compensation and Timekeeping
- Drug and Weapon-Free Workplace
- Information Security Practices
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Fraud Awareness
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Harassment Prevention
- Title IX Updates
You must achieve a score of at least 80% on each modules' examination.* Employees will be allowed to repeat the module as many times as needed to achieve a passing score. As mentioned above, this training can be found in Canvas. When you arrive on the Canvas website:
- Click "Canvas Login" to access the training.
- Click "Canvas 101" if you need a refresher course in how to use Canvas.
For questions regarding this training, please contact the Office of Compliance.
*Unless otherwise indicated.