University Counseling Center
The Student Counseling Center provides the following internship opportunities:
Graduate Student Interns
- Are from the UT Tyler Department of Psychology and Counseling.
- Are in the last 15 hours of their master's program.
- Have completed PSYCH 5392 (Applied Counseling Practice) and 5393 (Applied Therapy) with a grade of "B" or better.
- Are currently enrolled in COUN 5396 or 5397 (Internship I or II).
- Participate in a minimum of 225 clock hours of supervised experience during each internship.
- Are directly supervised by an LPC-S or an LPC for a minimum of one hour per week.
- These are non-paid internships.
- Potential Interns must submit an application and resume and be interviewed by licensed clinical staff in the counseling center.
Licensed Professional Counselor-Interns (LPC-Interns)
- Hold a master's degree in counseling or related field.
- Have passed a board exam.
- Are in the process of completing the 3,000 hours of supervised experience under the LPC-supervisor.
- Are regulated by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors.
- Paid positions are occasionally available and will be posted with the Department of Career Success.