Narayanan (Nary) Subramanian
Title: Associate Professor of Computer Science
Department: Computer Science
Building: COB 315.11
- Ph.D., University of Texas at Dallas
- M.S., Louisiana State University
- Diploma, Indira Gandhi Open University
- M.E., Delhi University
- Diploma, Annamalai University
- B.E,. Birla Institute of Technology
Dr. Subramanian is the Faculty Fellow for Service Learning at the Center for Teaching Excellence and Innovation at UT Tyler. For the past 10 years he has been the lead instructor for the Capstone Project course which incorporates a strong collaboration with the industry. He participated in the Visiting Faculty Research Program with the US Air Force in 2011 and 2012.
He co-founded the workshop series International Workshop on System/Software Architectures in 2002 and co-chaired ten editions of this workshop. He was voted the Outstanding Professor of the Year in the Department of Computer Science in 2008 by students. He is also a trained cyber-forensic instructor for the first responders in law enforcement.
Teaching and Research Interests:
Dr. Nary Subramanian's primary teaching interests are in the areas of Cyber-Security and Software Engineering. His research and publications have focused on system issues, metrics, and process improvements.
- N. Subramanian and G. Whitson, "Implementing a CNSS 4012 Certification in an Information Systems Curriculum," Proceedings of the 14th Colloquium for Information Systems Security Education, ISBN No. 1-933510-99-4, Baltimore, Maryland, June 2010, pp. 190 - 196.
- A. Vemulapalli and N. Subramanian, "Evaluating Consistency between BPEL Specifications and Functional Requirements of Complex Computing Systems using the NFR Approach," Proceedings of 2010 IEEE International Systems Conference, San Diego, April 2010, pp. 153-158.
- N. Subramanian, "Improving Security of Oil Pipeline SCADA Systems Using Service-Oriented Architectures," Lecture Notes in Computer Science, No. 5333, November 2008, pp. 344-353.
- V. Chunduru and N. Subramanian, "Effects of Power Line on Performance of Home Control Systems," Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems for Industrial Growth, New Delhi, Dec., 2006, pp. 1 – 6.
- N. Subramanian and L. Chung, "Process-Oriented Metrics for Software Architecture Changeability," Proceedings of the International Conference on Software Engineering Research and Practice (SERP'04), June 2004, Las Vegas, pp. 83 - 89.