Steps for ensuring your financial aid will pay towards your study abroad program:
- Make sure that you have a current FAFSA and completed file with the Office of Financial Aid.
- Apply to participate in a study abroad program through UT Tyler's study abroad advisor. Complete necessary requirements to be accepted to the host campus for studying abroad.
- Students must complete a course pre-approval form for studies abroad. This form is available in the Office of the Registrar and certifies that courses taken will be transferred for credit in the student's degree plan.
- Students must submit their study abroad Acceptance Letter (from host campus) to the financial aid office as well as a Cost Sheet showing the cost of the study abroad course if it is not already included in the Acceptance Letter.
- Check your Patriot email account for notices of any changes to your financial aid award package. Review award adjustments, accept/decline new amounts if required on myUTTyler and complete Entrance Loan Counseling and sign a Master Promissory Note on studentloans.gov if necessary.
- Additional financial aid information for study abroad programs is available on the Office of International Programs website.
- Scholarship information for study abroad programs is also available on the Office of International Programs.
Have a great trip!