Broaden Career Options With a Global Focus
Global Awareness Through Education (GATE) is a program designed for any students interested in a globally-focused, culturally diverse education. GATE offers internationally-infused core curriculum classes, cultural activities and service opportunities. The program culminates in a five-week study abroad experience during the summer.
- In 2013, GATE students visited Japan, completing two courses taught by UT Tyler instructors at Shimane University and visiting such famous locations as the Tokyo National Museum, Hiroshima Peace Park and Museum and Byodo-in Temple.
- In 2014, GATE students visited Brazil and Argentina, completing a speech and a history class taught by UT Tyler professors while in Buenos Aires.
- In 2015, GATE students went to Italy, completing an art history class and a world literature class while in Florence.
- In 2016, GATE students traveled to Ghana, completing a speech and political science class while in Accra.
- In 2017, GATE will travel to Vietnam to complete two core classes and explore all the beautiful sites this country has to offer.
The program broadens students' perspective and enhances the value of any degree. Potential employers include the Peace Corps, US Department of State, international corporations and many others.
If you want more information about the program please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AUG25New Student Patriot Orientation (Freshman & Transfer)
University Center 8:00 am
Near HPC (Outside) 4:30 pm
AUG25New Student Convocation
HPC Gym 3:30
AUG26Class of 2021 Picture
Harvey Lake 12:30 PM
AUG26Brunch & Budgeting
UC Ballroom 10:00 am
AUG27Glo-in-dark Capture the Flag
Harvey Deck 9pm
Outstanding Educators. Internationally Experienced.
Study with professors who are respected for their teaching ability, including earning such distinctions as the Regents' Outstanding Teaching Award.
Learn from instructors who are seasoned international travelers and educators, thoroughly familiar with the cultures of nations students will visit for their five-week international experience.
Join a small group of students who will be mentored by international scholars who are serving as GATE professors.
GATE students will travel to an international location for an extraordinary five-week study abroad experience the summer after their sophomore year.