UT Tyler GATE
GATE is a unique program developed specifically for incoming freshmen at UT Tyler. To be considered for admission to the GATE program, students must meet all the qualifications listed below and submit the application by the deadlines published below.
It is important that applicants review and understand all the expectations of a UT Tyler GATE student before beginning the application process. Below you will find information about the qualifications to be admitted into the program as well as the criteria needed to maintain eligibility as a GATE student.
Qualifications & Requirements for Admission:
- Must be officially accepted to UT Tyler.
- Submit the GATE application by the published deadline.
- Agree to complete all required GATE courses or GATE projects.
- Complete a phone interview with the GATE Admissions Committee.
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA (semester and cumulative).
- Maintain status as a full-time student at UT Tyler (min. 12 hours/long semester).
- Maintain status as a student in good standing with the university (disciplinary/financially).
- Successfully complete all required GATE courses during the semester they are assigned.
- Complete all point system requirements.
Academic and Service Requirements:
- Successful completion of minimum of five GATE approved globally-focused core curriculum courses or projects during the freshman and sophomore years.
- Successful completion of all sections of GATE 1000.
- Attend GATE orientation prior to the beginning of the freshman year.
- Participate in various service and cultural events to satisfy the point system requirements.
- Participate in two core curriculum courses taught at the international location the summer after the sophomore year.
- A passport is required for international travel. Having a passport is not required for admission into the program but must be obtained during the first 18 months in the GATE Program.
For more information about the GATE Program please email email@example.com.