New Graduate Student Orientation
The Federal government regulates research activities involving human subjects, animal subjects, radiological materials, and biological materials. For each of these areas, there is a campus committee that reviews proposed research projects. Application forms for obtaining such approval are available on the Office of Sponsored Research (OSR). This site also provides basic information on these compliance areas, instructions for completing the application forms, and timelines for committee consideration and approval.
Research is a vital component of graduate study, whether or not students are enrolled in a degree program that requires a thesis or dissertation. Learning research fundamentals and tools will serve you well whatever the structure of your graduate program. The Office of Sponsored Research provides information and support to facilitate the various research activities of faculty and students.
Pivot Grant Search System
UT Tyler subscribes to Pivot, a grant search system that is available to all UT Tyler faculty, staff, and graduate students. To create your account (with your UT Tyler email address) visit Pivot and click the Sign Up link in the top right corner.
Pivot is an unmatched tool that:
- Provides access to the most comprehensive source of funding opportunities globally
- Identifies researcher expertise from within or outside of your organization
- Enhances communication, monitoring, and tracking amongst individual faculty, teams, or researchers and the Research Development office
- Allows the focus to be on winning the necessary awards and grants
- Enables you to add internal deadlines to critical funding opportunities and sends weekly updates on saved searches you organize in your own folders
- Create groups for sharing funding opportunities on an ongoing basis
With a personalized experience through your own profile, Pivot pinpoints funding opportunities with searches that are
- Accurate: Updated daily to add new information drawn from sources linked to profiles in publications from vetted sources and web content associated with a scholar's profile, and to drop out expired opportunities.
- Automated: Users can receive alerts whenever new matching opportunities are posted that match their saved searches.
- Focused: Search just one database for funding in any discipline and country, rather than multiple sources or scattershot across the internet.
Contact OSR@uttyler.edu for details.