Current Graduate Students
Graduate Student Workshop & Tutorial Series
Join us for our fully online workshop series designed for our graduate students, or students considering graduate school. This series will give you the tools you need to successfully navigate through graduate school. We've partnered with Career Success, Muntz Library and UT Tyler faculty and staff to sharpen our students' skills in the areas of academic and professional/career development. Instead of registering to attend these workshops, they are now just a click away and you can view them from the comfort of your own home! Everyone is encouraged to view and send us an email with any questions.
Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
From The Graduate School
- The Introduction to Graduate School - A brief introduction to The Graduate School from Dr. Geiger.
- Time Management - Tips to manage your time while in Graduate School.
- Choosing Your Thesis/Dissertation Committee - Tips for choosing your thesis/dissertation committee.
- GRE Preparation - Tips and Strategies to help you prepare for the GRE Exam. The appendix mentioned in the video can be found here.
- GMAT Preparation - Tips and Strategies to help you prepare for the GMAT Exam.
From The Department of Communication
- The Power of Public Speaking - Enhancing the Effectiveness of Oral Presentations Learn strategies for effectively presenting research findings to a lay audience.
- How To Give A Speech - Learn how to organize an effective speech for presenting at conferences or your dissertation.
From The Writing Center
- Writing in Graduate School - An introduction to writing in Graduate School.
From The Office of Research and Scholarship
- Grant Writing and Funding - Log in with your Patriots account.
From The Office of Student Money Management
- Money Management for Graduate Students - Tips for money management while in Graduate School.
From The Robert R. Muntz Library
- Meet Your Liaison Librarian - Introduction to your library liaison.
- How to Use the CINAHL Database - A review of how to use this powerful database of literature of Nursing and Allied Health.
- Zotero - Zotero is an online, free citation manager. This session will explore using Zotero from adding entries to creating bibliographies.
- EndNote - EndNote is a citation manager that allows you to import and store citations which can then be shared with others. You can also create bibliographies.
- Mendeley - Mendeley is a citation manager that allows you to import and store citations which can then be shared with others. You can also create bibliographies.
Trouble viewing? Email us
We want to make sure we meet your needs and expectations.