UT Tyler Department of Health and Kinesiology
The baccalaureate degrees offered by the Department of Health and Kinesiology may be used to prepare for a wide range of jobs related to health or exercise. Two options lead to specific professions:
- An athletic training option prepares for Texas State athletic trainer licensure
- A teacher certification option prepares for Texas State certification to teach physical education at all levels through grade 12.
The degrees may also be used to prepare for post-baccalaureate studies, including studies leading to professional degrees (e.g., physical therapy, occupational therapy, medicine).
Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Kinesiology
- Bachelor of Applied Arts and Science – Thematic concentrations in Health Studies or Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Wellness
- Health Studies or Kinesiology Minor