Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology
Kinesiology is the study of movement or exercise. The B.S.-kinesiology degree program prepares you for a career in exercise-related professions (Marketable Skills). This program offers the following options:
- Preparation for Texas State certification to teach physical education at all levels from early childhood to Grade 12.
- Preparation for graduate studies related to exercise science or for post-baccalaureate professional studies (e.g., physical therapy, occupational therapy, medicine).
- Preparation for the state examination for licensing as an athletic trainer in Texas.
- Preparation for entry-level positions related to exercise in clinical, business or other settings.
B.S.-Kinesiology Degree Plans
- General Curriculum
- Physical Education Teacher Certification Curriculum
- Athletic Training Curriculum (Additional information about the athletic training option can be found on the Bachelor of Science Degree in Kinesiology with Athletic Training Option page.)